Sunday, January 25, 2015

Prayer: Lord, Fix Me



Lord, slough off my outer skin
The one that's marked/marred by sin
And let it be revealed today
A new, clean, heart within.

Debride me, Oh, Lord,
Layer by layer
And let the light of Your Life
Germinate and flower.

Remove from me
Pride and greed
Give me a humble heart
And some good seed
Worthy to be planted
Among Your people
Uplifting, encouraging
Helpful - not boastful.

Remove from me self and gluttony
Lord, give me instead
A heart filled to overflowing with You
Willing to feed the people - the milling, the dread!

Remove from me, Lord
The chalice of malice
And give me instead a good braided lattice
Whereupon I may hang Your Word
Oft’ to be repeated
Ever to be heard.

Lord, make me anew, and
Help me to eschew
The lowered life that I led - the fainting heart that I stewed!
Pour out the Love Balm, and
Hold Thou my hand
And help me be a a worthy member of
Your Glory Band. 
AMEN



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.