Friday, September 11, 2015

Happy Sabbath + Life's Look Book 'n Prayer






I opened up My Life's Look Book today
I turned a page - I looked away
I turned a page - My heart grew sad
For I saw things ugly, some even bad.

I kept turning pages
I kept looking around
Some things there made my Poor Soul frown
And not long thereafter, I put The Look Book down
And turned away
And started to pray:

Dear Lord, My Father
It's just Me
I feel heart broken 
Please hear my plea!
I come today and
I must repent as
Review today showed things 
Of a youth misspent.
Forgive me, Father
And help me to grow
In the Faith of Jesus
More and more.
I give You Permission
To yank snap Me right back
When Life's Polluting Nibbles
Are in Me on The Attack.
I Give You, Lord
My Will
My Way
As I say to You this Humble Pray.
Rid Me of Self
And Walking in My Own Way
Keep Me Walking Toward Zion
In The Straight and Narrow Holy Way.
I love You, Lord
I don't want to disappoint
Bless Me, Father
Anoint, anoint
This Soul often listing
As The World's thrusts annoy
Lift Me up, raise Me up
Unto Eternal Joy!
Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.