Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Gift for Jesus!






I wanted to give Jesus a Present
BUT 
I had no money in the Bank!
I really wanted to give Jesus something lovely
BUT
All my finances well and truly really stank!

I thought I would write Him some poetry
Not very original
For it had been done better before!
I thought I would write Him some music
BUT
I had no clue how to write a music score!

I thought I would invite Him to dinner and
I would cook Him a beautiful Gourmet Meal
BUT
That is when I realized
That all I had in the cupboard was Oatmeal!

I thought I would tell Him A Great Story
Of the Pilgrim Progressing in The Way
AND
That is when I realized
That plagiarism just does not pay!

By now,  My Heart was Despairing
And that is when I heard 
The quietly loud knocking at my front door!
I opened
AND
There in my beholding

Was The Very King
For whom I wanted to get a beautiful present
BUT 
For whom I had nothing to show!

Dear Jesus!
My Jesus!
I want to give You a Present
A Present with "Thanks!" from the bottom of My Heart
BUT 
I have no money with which to buy it
AND
My Heart Is Quite Tearing Apart!

Master,  the only thing that I own in this World Outright
Is My Heart
BUT 
It is battered,  bruised,  torn, deceitful,  fickle
Fit only for Hell
AND
I don't want to give You something
That is lacking fill and is just empty shell!

My Child
Your Heart is 
The Gift That I most cherish
When given freely
And not given and then wanted back!
I will make a New Heart for You!
Follow Me - No matter what the World will do!
I love You, Dearest!
I will take care of You If You Do!

Gifts that cost money
Don't really mean much
When they are not accompanied with
A repentant,  Sorry-for-Sin Heart!
So, give Me the broken pieces of Your Heart today, now
And,  soon
In My Mansion of Rest
You'll Eternally stay!"

Not long thereafter
I awoke one bright morning
AND
I noticed a different beating of My Heart!
My Heart was Happy
AND
My Soul Refreshed
For I was In Jesus
SOMEBODY
AND
I could happily sing
For
I Had Received The Promised New Heart from
Jesus Christ 
My Forever Hallelujah King!


Giving

The GIFT of One's Heart

to 

JESUS CHRIST

Returns To The Giver

Untold Blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.