Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Today I am Counting ... BLESSINGS!



Greetings, Dear Ones!

Today, I am


Counting Blessings!

I awoke this morning and thought
What a blessing!”
I looked at the sunrise and thought
What a blessing!”
And then as I started my busy day,
It dawned on me and I thought to myself
I’ve got a lot to be thankful for so I know I should 
be counting blessings!”


I sat down for a little while and did a short review
Yes, of course, there were blessings to count
And more than just a few!


Blessing No. 1 - I’d awakened today
Blessing No. 2 - I was healthy
Blessing No. 3 - inside the cupboard door
Blessing No. 4 - I was wealthy


I cast around inside my life
Looking for blessings to count
And as I concentrated on this
The blessings started to mount!


Blessing No. 5 - is hands that could work
Blessing No. 6 - seeing eyes
Blessing No. 7 - is ears to hear
Blessing No. 8 - I’m alive!


I thought some more and realized
So far I’d thought just of me
I’d not even touched on family and friends
Counting blessings could take at least a week!


I knew I’d never complete the task
Of counting the blessings that I had received
So I just gave up this impossible task
And instead thanked God on my knees!


As I got up from giving thanks
I vowed to count blessings each day
Even though the blessings are infinite

At least I can say “Thank YOU!” when I pray!**BJC**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.