Sunday, April 12, 2015

PRAYER: Protect Me, Father, From Self



Father! Hellllpp!
Self is bothering me, and I don’t like it!
Everywhere I go all I see is Self!
Everything I do all is hear is Self!
And every comfort I seek is always about Self
And I am getting really tired of this!
Why can’t it - just for a change - be about Other
Or even Somebody Else?
Lord, I am willing, but Self is winning
And this is killing me ... slowly.
Grant me Your Grace
That I may replace
The disgrace in my face
With love for the fearing
Light for hearing
Sight for the daring
Comfort for the burden-bearing
Caring for the soul-sick and searching
And friendship for the former foe now friendless.
Help me, Father, to forsake Self and to

Seek an
Elevating
Life of
Faith - not feeling.

  Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.