Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Prayer for The Fruits of the Spirit




Heavenly Father,
Have mercy on me because I am not happy.
Father, I am not happy because I just found out that I not only look like my daddy, 
but I also have his character.  
I lie, cheat, steal, and I bear false witness against my neighbors.
I am selfish and disobedient, and often walk in my own way.
I totally lack self-control and am often faithless to those in charity with me.
I may not like making a noise but, oh, how I enjoy causing a good riot.
I am not a nice person and I am asking You, my Heavenly Father
to make me like You!
I ask You, in the name of Jesus Christ the Righteous to
give me Your DNA, Your character. I want, no, I need the fruits of Your Spirit.
Grant me love, joy, peace, gentleness, goodness, kindness, forbearance, 
Self-control, and faithfulness. 
Lord, I really need the self-control and
I am pleading for the working of Your Holy Spirit to
help me to will and to do of Your good pleasure.
I don't want to be like my daddy anymore.
I need to become like You, my Father.
Have mercy, and bless.
AMEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.