Monday, December 8, 2014

Recall of the Fall + Repentance; and some Musical Refreshment





Recall of The Fall
+
Repentance


I recently sat and did recall
All the things that I've done as a result of the fall
I've lied and cheated, stolen and compromised
Walked in my own way, and often reviled!
I've ignored wise counsel and
Crucified Christ time and again!
I've raised up myself higher than my Creator
And oft' ended up less than I was created!
There's been fornication, adultery, gambling,
Warmongering, hating and despising
Grasping and backbiting!
I've realized that one wrong to do was as good as any other!
No skin off my back
For they were all as light as the proverbial feather!
But then one dry day, reality set in
And nary a dry spot was found under my wet chin!
The conscience that I had long successfully ignored
Soon cast me, without preamble, upon the hard floor
Where revulsion and remonstrance vied
For prominence e'en pre-eminence
Oh, how I blubbered!
How sorrowfully I cried!
Alas, this poor soul
A lot like Cain and Esau
Cried out – not in repentance – but because
I – guilty – was brought to great shame!
Now, I must eat crow!
A dish most unpleasant, or so I've been told
But eat it without seasoning I must
Not even a drop to be left in the bowl!
It was then that I heard Old Ishbel's choice words –
"If you are truly sorry, repent!
If not, don't relent, for
To do otherwise
Is to minimize
Who you've offended, and yourself!"

It was then that I chose to get rid of all the hems and haws,
And get down to the real business of asking the Lord
For the character of gold in the fire of life tried
Righteous clothing made of linen clean and white, and
the anointing of the Salve
To heal my world-scarred eyes.

He said to me:

Come as you are!
Repent, and be renewed!”

And

Walk thou in the straight and narrow for
The Spirit will help you!”

So, hear me, I tell you:

Don't believe your own publicity!”
Acknowledge your Savior
And He will direct you!”

I endeavored from that day
That for me there would be
No more broad nor illicit high way!

I am trusting The Promising
I am basking in The Comforting
I am treasuring The Holy Word, and
From here on in, you see
Straight will be The Pathway to

Blessing for Me!



Create In Me a Clean Heart

Psalm 51

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bath-sheba.

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving-kindness:
according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Wash me throughly from mine iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin.
For I acknowledge my transgressions:
and my sin is ever before me.
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned,
and done this evil in thy sight:
that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest,
and be clear when thou judgest.
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity;
and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts:
and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean:
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness;
that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide thy face from my sins,
and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence;
and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation;
and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways;
and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation:
and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15 O Lord, open thou my lips;
and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it:
thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:
a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Day By Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.