- SABBATH REST - The Fourth Commandment of the Decal...
- SABBATH JUSTIFIED - Sound Teaching (Video)
- UPLIFTING POETRY
- BEAUTIFUL WORSHIP MUSIC
- My Testimony - In The Clouds
- The Lust, The Lust!
- Prayer for a Terminally-ill Friend
- The Choir
- God's Workmanship
- PROPHETIC SYMBOLS EXPLAINED A - I
- PROPHETIC SYMBOLS EXPLAINED J - R
- PROPHETIC SYMBOLS EXPLAINED S - Z
- TEACHING: IS JESUS MICHAEL? THOROUGH BIBLICAL STUDY
- Is Christmas Christian? Answered With Numerous Pro...
- When You Fast: The Biblical Concept Of The Fast (S...
- Changing The Word: Bible Corruptions (Video Teachi...
- TEACHING About GOD: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Robert Hawker's Poor Man's Concordance - FREE PDF DOWNLOAD
- REVELATION: The Bride, The Beast And Babylon - VID...
- If I Were The Devil by Paul Harvey (1965) (Audio)
- DEFENDING OUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST: God's Not Dea...
- Crisis Of Faith: From Roman Catholic To Biblical C...
- The Great Controversy (Between Almighty God And Sa...
Monday, December 8, 2014
Recall of the Fall + Repentance; and some Musical Refreshment
Recall of The Fall
I recently sat and did recall
All the things that I've done as a result of the fall
I've lied and cheated, stolen and compromised
Walked in my own way, and often reviled!
I've ignored wise counsel and
Crucified Christ time and again!
I've raised up myself higher than my Creator
And oft' ended up less than I was created!
Warmongering, hating and despising
Grasping and backbiting!
I've realized that one wrong to do was as good as any other!
No skin off my back
For they were all as light as the proverbial feather!
And nary a dry spot was found under my wet chin!
The conscience that I had long successfully ignored
Soon cast me, without preamble, upon the hard floor
Where revulsion and remonstrance vied
For prominence e'en pre-eminence
Oh, how I blubbered!
How sorrowfully I cried!
Alas, this poor soul
A lot like Cain and Esau
Cried out – not in repentance – but because
I – guilty – was brought to great shame!
Now, I must eat crow!
A dish most unpleasant, or so I've been told
But eat it without seasoning I must
Not even a drop to be left in the bowl!
It was then that I heard Old Ishbel's choice words –
"If you are truly sorry, repent!
If not, don't relent, for
To do otherwise
Is to minimize
Who you've offended, and yourself!"
It was then that I chose to get rid of all the hems and haws,
And get down to the real business of asking the Lord
For the character of gold in the fire of life tried
Righteous clothing made of linen clean and white, and
the anointing of the Salve
To heal my world-scarred eyes.
He said to me:
“Come as you are!
Repent, and be renewed!”
“Walk thou in the straight and narrow for
The Spirit will help you!”
So, hear me, I tell you:
“Don't believe your own publicity!”
“Acknowledge your Savior
And He will direct you!”
I endeavored from that day
That for me there would be
No more broad nor illicit high way!
I am trusting The Promising
I am basking in The Comforting
I am treasuring The Holy Word, and
From here on in, you see
Straight will be The Pathway to
Blessing for Me!
Create In Me a Clean Heart
Day By Day