Friday, April 10, 2015

HAPPY SABBATH + When God Looks Upon This Face







From you I rate no second glance
Nor even a small, kind word
But when God looks upon this face
He sees beauty unreviled.

To you I rate no deep concern
To you I have no merit
But when Jesus looks upon this face
He says my life has His upon it!

You look outside!
You use earth-eyes!
You judge me on the surface!
But Jesus, bless His Holy Name
Decided His Love had no such limits!

He loves me not for what I do, or did, today
Or on some distant shore
He loves me for He knows I’m ill
And that He, Himself, is my only cure!

I see His look of love each day
And am blessed to know I - without merit -
Can ask Him for some favor small
And know He’ll not put strings upon it!

He loves me, and I love Him, too, and
In the grand scheme there's no need to shout about it!
But glory be to God on High
I’m blessed, and I don’t care who knows about it!

Christ looked inside!
He bled! He died!
And because He did, one day
I’ll be hailed in new body, perfect and glorified!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.