Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I Met A Man



Today I met a man!
He said he could free me from Sin!
He said he could make my life over, and
That he'd clean me from within!
Today I met a man!

Today, I met a man!
Oh, what pleasures he offered!
The joys! What laughter!
He said forget the Hereafter!
Today I met a man!

Today! Two Men!
Two Joys! One Plan!
Calm and Elan!
Today, I met a man!

Today I must choose a man!
Choose sorrow and pain
For later Joy Unrestrained, or
Wild gaiety, and tomorrow
What will be, will be!
Today, I must choose a man!

I asked each one a question
But only one replied!
He said He chose to die for me
To spend Eternity with Him so
Today, I chose The Man!

All that glitters is not gold!
All that laugh often oft' hide bare souls!
I choose to take the sorrows now
For one day I will no more plow
For I'd have reached the furrows' end, and
I'd have planted and tended my ground
And at Harvest Celebration
I'll wear a Victor's Crown
Rewarded for my battle long
And Joys Everlasting will be my song!
Thank God! I chose The Son of Man!
Have you met a man?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.