Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Call Of The Shepherd - The Rock of Ages




I wanted to be Really Rich
Until I saw the Decay
That was present, and oh, so rampant
Amongst those with whom Wild Riches held Sway

I wanted to be Really Famous
Until I saw the Decay
That was present and oh, so rampant
Amongst those with whom Notoriety held Sway

I really wanted to be Powerful
Until I saw the decay
That was present, and oh, so rampant
Amongst those with whom Earthy Corrupting Power held Sway

I wanted to be Seen
To be Heard
To be Welcomed ... Understood
Until I saw what the Herding Mentality
Did to those Bathing in its Murky Water of Dragon Blood

I came upon a Plain Altar
Made of Undressed Stones and Plain Rocks
Tended by a Gentle Shepherd
Face marred, hands and feet sullied - I stood in shock
He looked at me - His smile ... I saw Glory
He talked with me - His voice ... Slow Water
Flood Raging Checked Welcoming Pure Gold
And I heard The Call of The Ages
Saying: 


"Come To Me! 
Let Me Wash You! 
I Shed My Living, Eternal, 
Saving, Blood for You!"


To say I was shocked ... Understatement!
To say I was horrified ... Let me get away from here!
To say I was sad, happy, afraid, moved, running away ... I walked to Him!
He help out His Arms ... I fitted in The Cleft
I knew no alarm!

Home. 
I felt At Home. 
I felt Comforted.
Redeemed. 
Forgiven. 
Truly Blessed.
Happy. 
So Joyous. 
Triumphant.
My Jesus ... The Shepherd ... of  Eternal Rest!

I no longer felt I wanted The World's Goods
Its Applause
Affirmation
Its Stress
I needed to be with My Jesus
At Home ... with The Eternal ... The King of The Blessed.

I gave The Wants the old "Heave Ho!"
I gave Pressure To Succeed The Seven G's!
Good Gracious! God Is Mine!
Go Graze Green Grass!
And showed The Wicked World
The Front of my Behind!

I need to Live with My Jesus
I need to Worship My God
I need a Gold Crown to Wear in Glory
Where I'll spend enjoy Eternity 
Eternity with My Lord as My Eternal Reward!


I AM THE SALT OF THE EARTH!

I WILL NOT BE TURNED INTO SALT!

I WILL NOT LOOK BACK AT THE WORLD

FOR

#MYHEADISTOWARDHEAVEN

SOON BREAKING THROUGH 

THE CASCADING CLOUDS!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.