Wednesday, April 20, 2016

CONFESSION: Through It All ...






God Knows
I Have Been Disobedient
Recalcitrant
AND
Obdurate
AND
He Knows
That I Have Hates
And - Often - Would
If It Were Possible
His Word Of Condemnation For Sin
Obviate!

That's Sinner-Me Talking!

God Knows I Have Pet Peeves
Pet Sins
AND
Petty Ways
AND
God Knows
There Have Been
Numerous Times When
I've Been Too Angry
To Calm Down
AND
Say To Him My Prayers!

That's My Willful Self Talking!

BUT ...

Through It All
Almighty God Knows That I Love Him
Even On The Days When I Go Out
On The Limb
Brittle
Cracking
Over  The Dry Lake
Refusing The Call
To Turn Back
Lest I Fall

AND ...

Even In The Day
When
Tormented By Terrors
By Life's Inadequacies
When The Way Forward
Looks Backward At Me
AND
I - In My Distress -
Repent
AND
Call Out To Him
Knowing Truly
- In My Own Deceitful Heart -
That The God Of Heaven
IS
God
The Only God
The ONLY GOD ... Worth Serving!

This Is This Sinner-Saved - By Grace - Rejoicing!


Thank You, Father
For
Your Blessing On Me!
I Love You!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the material posted here BUT keep it tasteful and respectful, in Christian Charity, and decidedly in keeping with the purpose for which this Blog is intended.